Sunday, October 14, 2007

Axe and ye shall receive

This one goes out to my imploring fan. Whit, I am talkin to you. It has been nearly a month, perhaps a little over a month since my last blog. As I said, life does go on. Some days it seems to be a little slower at going on than others, but nonetheless it goes go on. I had "fall break" this week. It wasnt really a break from school so much as a break from work. Honestly it was supremely refreshing, and I enjoyed every ounce of it. But Alas, the glory comes to an end and next week we continue onward.
In other news I made a decision that I missed my facial hair so much that I am now growing out a mustache. I am sure that most men are now saying "sweet" or "rock on", while most women are thinking "disgusting" or "nasty". To be honest, this is part of the reason that I determined the 'stache would be a great call. I needed someway to silently protest my not so easily veiled disgust with the opposite sex. What better way than to proudly display a symbol of virility and manhood that dates back as far as the 70's. So yes women, I am saying "screw you" in a very polite and non-discriminatory way by growing the 'stache. Men, I invite all of you to join in with me.
I had an interesting weekend. I went to Logan to see one of my best friends, Marcus and his wife Lexi. It was a nice weekend, a great little getaway from Salt Lake, and a much needed break. I only wish it could have lasted longer. Back to the subject, married people have a sad habit of not allowing single friends to hang out with them while still remaining single. Enter the blind date. Now I am not a blind date hater, I have been on one or 2 great blind dates. But I can definitely understand why they are the most feared form of dating. Honestly, when you set someone up on a blind date you are basically telling them in a not-so-discreet way, "this is what I think of you." Sometimes it can be a compliment. Sometimes it can be a low blow. Its like saying this girl is an example of what I think is the best you can do. Lets just leave it at I was kinda hurt by what my friends think of me. No offense to the blind date, she was fun, and cute, but totally not my type. I guess I can't complain, it was just amusing to me, because you think you know someone.
Well, those are just some new stories so I can get my fan off my case. Hope all is well with you Whit, and someday I will have funny children to write about. Until then, its just my humorous life.

3 comments:

Aimee Smith said...

I am so glad you posted! What I love most is that you put into words the exact reason why I never set people up! But speaking of hanging out with married friends... we miss you!!!

Corbin said...

Lon, next week. Maybe Sunday. Dinner? Our house? I promise I'm not one of THOSE married friends.

j said...

You're giving married people way too much credit in assuming that they actually THINK about who they want to set you up with. Basically their thought process (at least as far as I can tell) is something along the lines of "Look at our poor friends who aren't happy and married like us. They're both single. Probably their only dream is to get married like us. Regardless of who it is they are married to. Go ahead, honey, make the call."