Sunday, July 27, 2008

Woooo

So, another kinda random update, life is getting better, but it is still meh. I am trying to mix things up a little and maybe become more active in the dating scene. I know I know, it goes against everything I stand for, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.
Work is going pretty well, I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I had kind of a bad week last week though. I backed into a retaining wall and scratched the bumper on my truck, and then a day later I ran over a dog. It is kind of a funny story, but sad. The dog had been missing for a few weeks, so the owners had already made peace with the fact that the dog was gone. Anyhow, there were some crazy hippie ladies who stopped behind me and were freaking out about the dog, and trying to save it even though it wasn't moving. So long story short, I killed a dog in my work truck.
Good news, this weekend I met up with 2/3 of my blog readers and went to Corb and Aim's house for a b-day barbecue! It was so much fun to hang with them again! They are seriously the best ever and always make me happy to see them. (David, the other 1/3 of readership unfortunately wasnt there, but was missed)
I went home teaching today, and we talked about how fear keeps us from doing things in life. I got to thinking about it, and I really think that fear keeps me from doing most things that I dont do, good or bad. I guess maybe not as much bad, but definitely good. I just find it interesting that I let fear control so much of my life, especially when I dont consider myself as an easily scared person. We also talked about ways to conquer this fear, like doing the best you are able and leaving the rest up to the Lord. I realized that I need to take more risks, and leave my confort zone a little more often, because growth is what I am missing. It is a scary realization, but an important one. So for the month of August, Growth is my theme! and leaving my comfort zone in an effort to try and do new things. there will be updates, because one of the things I want to change is to stop being so lazy, and actually accomplish something. So there we go. a new blog.

5 comments:

Corbin said...

Lon, thanks for coming!!! Take advantage. You still have 3 days until August actually starts!

Aimee Smith said...

Good for you Lon! and thank you so much for coming! It was way too fun! We need to get together again sometime soon!

david o smith said...

Lon, I am so sad I missed the bbq. I miss you and your cherry picking frisbee skills. Thanks for the mention, it makes me feel good.

Ethne said...

There's more than 3 people that read your blog. We just don't all leave comments.

proudmamablogga said...

Hey, I read your blog too, Lon.

I totally hear what you're saying about fear. I'm interested to see what crazy things you do now.